Q1. Who will be delivering the course?
Meet the Team:
Dan founded Metris in 2011, after a 16 year military career including 8 years service as an Officer with the Special Air Service. He was a senior instructor at the prestigious Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and the Army Staff College, where he was responsible for leadership development and planning processes. He has a breadth of operational experience and is an expert at developing high performing teams that deliver under the most demanding conditions. Dan has a BA in History and an MA in Strategy.
Bob spent 25 years serving in the military - hard to believe from his youthful portrait! He served initially in the Armoured Corps before transferring to UK Special Forces where he spent the majority of his career as a specialist linguist and mountaineer. Bob has served all over the world and was awarded an MBE for his services. Bob is a qualified Mountain Instructor (MIA). As well as climbing, running and cycling, he is passionate about Welsh Rugby and owns an angry neurotic cat named Dylan.
Charlie is a performance psychologist with a background in elite sport. Charlie served for 5 years as an Officer in the British Army. In 2007 Charlie was the National Modern Pentathlon champion and competed at the World Championships. He has worked with a range of Olympic and professional sports teams and was the Performance Psychologist for GB Skeleton. Charlie has a BSc in Psychology and an MSc in Sport and Performance Psychology.
Fi served in the Army for 16 years as an officer before leaving to Join Metris Leadership in 2015. Fi is an expert in the design of training and development programmes. She has a wealth of experience in continuous improvement, values led leadership, change management and cultural change. Fi has also worked with the Loughborough elite athletes programme. She has a BSC in Education and an MSc in HR Development and Performance Management
Nick joined Metris as a Partner in 2014 and brings 25 years of international business experience in consultancy. He has worked in partnership with a wide range of global clients, including Rolls-Royce, Coca-Cola, Fujitsu and BskyB, primarily on major change initiatives and leadership development. Nick has an MBA and an MSc in Information Management and Organisational Change.
Q2. Where will the course be held?
The course will based at an exclusive Georgian Country House hotel set in eleven acres of stunning Herefordshire countryside.
The cost of the course includes overnight accommodation in single occupancy rooms, all meals (including a three course evening meal on the first evening), unlimited tea, coffee, water and afternoon cakes.
The Hotel will be used exclusively by delegates for the duration of the course.
The venue offers easy access to the Herefordshire countryside, the training ground of the SAS and is conveniently located close to Junction 4 of the M50 motorway.
Q3. How physically fit do you have to be to attend the course?
The course is based around challenging delegates in order to develop greater self awareness and resilience. There will be elements of the course delivered outdoors and some physical challenges but as long as you are in good health we don't expect delegates to be ‘SAS’ fit.
Q4. Why should I attend this course?
• To improve my focus especially under times of pressure
• Increase my awareness of the choices open to me when feeling
• Improve my ability to communicate and lead in high pressure situations
• Equip myself to take on even greater challenges
• Learn how those in elite sports and military operate to the highest standards
• Perform even better!
Q5. What will I learn?
• Practical insights into how the brain works
• An understanding of the relationship between pressure and
• The ability to bounce back from adversity
• Skills and tools to enable you to achieve your true potential
• Focus, mental flexibility and a positive approach to challenges
• A feeling of thriving rather than surviving
Q6. How can I learn so much in 2 days?
• The course is highly engaging and experiential. Participants are fully immersed in the content which is delivered with an outdoor component
• Designed to provide the latest insights from elite sport and Britain’s elite military to ensure maximum benefit and impact
• Delivered by highly experienced facilitators from elite sport and elite military
• A proven course that has already demonstrated its effectiveness to have an immediate impact
• Delivered in a fun and challenging way it allows participants to
test and develop their ability to be resilient in a safe and supportive environment
Q7. Who should attend?
• Ambitious business leaders who want to develop greater levels of self-awareness and lead through challenging times in order to achieve their potential.
• L&D Managers charged with understanding how to enable their organisations to compete against heightened competition
• Senior managers who want to develop a clear understanding of how resilience will benefit individuals, teams and their entire organisations
• Team leaders faced with challenging targets and situations